Monday, October 27, 2014

The President Invites me to join the ruling party: Lakshman Kiriella


Lakshman Kiriella has said, “The President has invited me to join the ruling party government of Srilanka by leaving the United National Party”.
While giving his personal interview to a weekly magazine, Lakshman Kiriella made the above statements.
Adding to the above statement Lakshman Kiriella has said, “The Srilankan President Mahinda Rajapaksa has extended his invitations several times to me to join with the ruling party government. From the year 2009, the President is consecutively inviting me to join with his party. But I have not gone so far”.
Adding further to the above statement, Lakshman Kiriella said, “I came out from the Freedom Party and joined with the United National Party.
Even though I came out of the Freedom Party, I never committed any betrayal against the Freedom Party. In the year 2001 during the election period I have joined with the United National Party. Presently the U.N.P voters have elected me as a Parliamentarian.
At present certain people are creating rumors by saying that I am going to join with the ruling party government. But I will never betray by deceiving the United National Party Voters, who had elected me as a Parliamentarian.

I will never be ungrateful to those who have elected me. I will be serving them with a heart of gratitude till the period of my service continuously”.

No comments:

Post a Comment